Book consultations are two hour meetings where an author gets feedback on their story or manuscript. This may include working out an idea, working through a creative block, proofreading or editing a small section of story, helping with an outline, or something else of that nature. It can also include providing insight into the various aspects of publishing a book.
Book coaching is an extended version of the book consultations with regularly scheduled meetings (with a minimum requirement of six sessions) to work through aspects of writing or editing a manuscript, and answer any questions with regards to publishing. Availability is limited and is on a first come, first served basis.
Coaching sessions and consultations are set up at least two weeks in advance and can be scheduled anytime between 11 AM and 6 PM EST, with the exception of Tuesdays and Sundays.
Things to know before requesting a session:
- One, free 30 minute introduction can be set up before scheduling a full consultation or the first coaching session. This meeting is to touch base and answer any questions regarding the coaching or consultation process — it is not a full consultation.
- All funds are to be paid in advance of the meeting and are non-refundable.
- Funds are paid by card. After confirming your meeting time, an invoice will be emailed to you.
- Any specific materials you wish to discuss in your meeting should be emailed at least one week prior to your meeting.
- Meetings are held through Discord.
- Sessions are a default of 2 hours.
- Questions regarding consultations or coaching can be emailed to Chelsea@WrittenInMelanin.com
- one time only
- per session
(6 session min)
- per session